Reopening / Covid-19 changes

Shawn Wilson

Jun 13, 2020, 12:32:39 PM6/13/20
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com, HMS Members
We're happy to announce we are resuming operations as of Sunday, June 14th!  However, there will be some changes due to Covid-19.  The biggest changes will be:

1) Open House/Associate member times will be by appointment only.  If you're not yet a member and would like a tour of the space, or if you're an associate member looking to use the space, please email in...@halifaxmakerspace.org well in advance to book a time.  Our volunteers will do their best to accommodate you during our regular Sunday and Tuesday times.

2) Core members will have to book times. Each room will be restricted to one person per room.  Full details will be posted to the members-only Google Group (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/halifax-makerspace-members).  If you're a member, please subscribe to that group.

3) Covid-19 best practices must be followed.  In particular, members and visitors must:
  • stay away if experiencing any Covid-related symptoms or after having been travelling or after exposure to Covid-19
  • practice social distancing with a maximum of one person per room
  • wipe down high-touch surfaces. Disinfectant is available at the Makerspace.  Members and visitors are also asked to wear masks and use hand sanitizer
  • sign in, with contact information
  • notify in...@halifaxmakerspace.org immediately after a positive test for Covid if they've visited within the previous 14 days
  • report any Covid-related concerns or issues to in...@halifaxmakerspace.org
  • and please consider wearing a mask, especially if there are others in the space at the same time.

Robert Murray

Jul 4, 2021, 1:38:28 PM7/4/21
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shawn,

Hopefully this email finds you and all the members of Halifax Makers Space healthy and enjoying summer (well maybe not the rain today, but summer in general).
Question for you; is there someone (or a company) you recommend in Halifax/Dartmouth that does motherboard repairs on Mac Air laptops? My Mac Air ran out of power and now will not recharge or restart. I have tried unplugging the battery and just running on plug power, resetting the SMC and ordering a new battery but nothing seems to work.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All the best!
Rob Murray

Shawn Wilson

Jul 4, 2021, 2:43:03 PM7/4/21
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob,
Sorry, I don't know of anyone, but you might try posting your question to our Google Group (link on our website).

Best,
Shawn

Shawn Wilson

Jul 4, 2021, 2:44:56 PM7/4/21
to Halifax Makerspace
Ha! Sorry, everyone. I should check the "to" field before responding. :)