problems when stack install hakyll

南巨

Oct 25, 2020, 3:51:55 AM10/25/20
to hakyll
I'm a freshman for haskell, and when i install hakyll using stack install hakyll  ,it fails and stops at some stage.Here is my command report 捕获.PNG捕获2.PNG

as you can see, it stops at the last row Progress 2/10: fsmotify  for a long day(over 12hours) i dont konw whats problem with it,and is there any other way to install hakyll

mel pullen

Oct 25, 2020, 4:19:31 AM10/25/20
to hak...@googlegroups.com
There are instructions for upgrading stack here - https://docs.haskellstack.org/en/stable/install_and_upgrade/#upgrade.

Also there is a way to manually install latest version of hakyll - see https://GitHub.com/jaspervdj/hakyll/issues/475

If you want to move on from being a freshman you need to be prepared to follow through to the root cause of a problem.

I would wonder why one image appears to be installing on a Mac, and the second includes windows files.

On Sunday, 25 October 2020, 南巨 <zhuji...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm a freshman for haskell, and when i install hakyll using stack install hakyll  ,it fails and stops at some stage.Here is my command report 捕获.PNG捕获2.PNG

as you can see, it stops at the last row Progress 2/10: fsmotify  for a long day(over 12hours) i dont konw whats problem with it,and is there any other way to install hakyll

南巨

Oct 25, 2020, 6:09:22 AM10/25/20
to hakyll
oh thanks,  Meanwhile  I am  a  English Learner in coding  and  its not easy for me to get full use of Google for the stricts  policy of country.  And there is nearly non useful information about Stack and Hakyll in Chinese Internet, now i know i should refer to github and offical webisites , improve my English and use vpns for help.

As for it looks like This is becasuse  I use  Windows Terminal . Thank you so much ,i will learn what you have mentioned above.

在2020年10月25日星期日 UTC+8 下午4:19:31<mel pullen> 写道: