Amiga 500 free to good home

Ra Wa

Sep 27, 2020, 8:42:07 AM9/27/20
to HackerSpace - Adelaide, South Australia
After much soul-searching I've decided to part with my Amiga 500.  Its been packed in boxes for 28 years so its condition is very much unknown.    There is the main system unit, colour monitor and a 10Mb (yes thats Megabytes) external hard drive.  Possibly also some manuals and software. I do not dare to open up the boxes in case I lose my resolve to part with it so its offered on an "as-is where-is" basis.

Many years ago at a Hackerspace event in the city (it was upstairs at Grenfell st then) I spoke to a gentlemen who collected vintage computers.  We discussed my Amiga and he mentioned he was interested if I ever wanted to part with it.  I cant recall his name or any other details but if that gentlemen or anyone else can provide a good home for it  please make yourself known to me and we can arrange the transfer.  I'm based in the North-East suburbs of Adelaide so you will have to be prepared to collect it from there.

Please feel free to pass this on to anyone who might be interested.

regards
Randall

David Zerk

Oct 1, 2020, 6:59:27 AM10/1/20
to hackerspac...@googlegroups.com

Hi Randall,

I would be interested in the Amiga 500 if it is still available.

David.

--
http://hackerspace-adelaide.org.au

Asterion Daedalus

Oct 1, 2020, 10:32:22 PM10/1/20
to hackerspac...@googlegroups.com
Ah. My Amiga daze. We do miss them.

Derek Munneke

Oct 2, 2020, 12:08:11 AM10/2/20
to hackerspac...@googlegroups.com
I have been to a few of these meetups

They would be keen.

Ra Wa

Oct 3, 2020, 10:20:47 PM10/3/20
to HackerSpace - Adelaide, South Australia
Thanks to everyone who responded. I've found a good home for my Amiga.  Am pretty sure it was the original gentleman from years ago but neither of us can quite remember.

Regards
Randall