Reading multiple hdf5 files mounted on remote folder

Marco Inchingolo

Jun 7, 2020, 1:11:43 PM6/7/20
to h5py
Hi Folks!
I didn't manage to find any solution yet for this problem, has this bug been addressed?
I am using h5py v2.10.0 on Windows 10, and I have a mounted folder via sshfs.
Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Thomas Caswell

Jun 26, 2020, 6:39:15 PM6/26/20
to h5py
Marco,

libhdf5 requires that the filesystem be posix compliant (the key thing is that once a low level write reports it is done, immediately reading back from disk gives what you just wrote).  I strongly suspect that the way the team drive is mounted this is not true and libhdf5 is getting confused.

This question may be better handled at https://forum.hdfgroup.org/ as I think the limiting factor here is the c library (not the python bindings).

Tom

Thomas Caswell
tcas...@gmail.com