the database grows

Patrice

Jul 17, 2019, 9:38:00 AM7/17/19
to H2 Database
In a database managed via H2 (version 1.4.199), any request of the type "select" seems to increase the size of the base (8 KO each time) which I can possibly understand to keep a trace of the transactions. Is there a way however to return to the original size if we did not change anything in the database?

I use h2 1.4.199

Evgenij Ryazanov

Jul 17, 2019, 9:51:36 AM7/17/19
to H2 Database
Maybe your SELECT statement returns some LOBs or it has FOR UPDATE clause? Otherwise it should not affect the size of database in any way.

Patrice

Jul 17, 2019, 10:06:26 AM7/17/19
to H2 Database
My request does not return "LOBs" and does not include an "UPDATE".
However, I can't reproduce the problem so I consider it solved.