CANCEL_SESSION & CREATE_INDEX

35 vues

Tom Kalmijn

non lue,
15 juin 2021, 12:36:3815/06/2021
à H2 Database
Hi there,

Quick question just to be sure...

I was looking for a way to cancel a long running 'CREATE INDEX'.

I tried "CALL CANCEL_SESSION(<id of create index session>)" with no luck.

The resultset does return True but the running create index query does not stop.

Is this by design?

kind regards,
Tom

Noel Grandin

non lue,
16 juin 2021, 06:08:4616/06/2021
à h2-da...@googlegroups.com,Tom Kalmijn

On 2021/06/15 6:36 pm, Tom Kalmijn wrote:
> I was looking for a way to cancel a long running 'CREATE INDEX'.
>
> I tried "CALL CANCEL_SESSION(<id of create index session>)" with no luck.
>
> The resultset does return True but the running create index query does not stop.

There is currently no support for interrupting a CREATE INDEX operation.

CANCEL_SESSION sets a cancel flag, but unless the operation code checks the flag, it has no effect, and in this case,
CREATE INDEX does not check the flag
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer