Who are the steering committee members?

Julien Dramaix

Jun 1, 2020, 3:39:57 PM6/1/20
to GWT Steering
Hi,

Who are the steering committee members right now ?

The current list on the website still contains names of people that either communicated their intention to leave the committee or are not active for years.

-Julien

Christian Goudreau

Jun 1, 2020, 4:17:07 PM6/1/20
to gwt-st...@googlegroups.com
Are you talking about me? :O

Hi Julien!

Goktug Gokdogan

Jun 3, 2020, 2:01:48 AM6/3/20
to GWT Steering
Friendly ping.

GWT need a list of active members of Steering committee and functioning body; as it is it looks like GWT Steering Committee is silently disbanded and no longer making decisions.

Colin Alworth

Jun 3, 2020, 9:51:49 AM6/3/20
to GWT Steering
If you're looking for a public roll call, then "Present!"

I found Julien's initial query to be ambiguous, a sort of "if you are not here, please raise your hand", and when Christian did reply, there was no response.

Christian Goudreau

Jun 11, 2020, 4:29:56 PM6/11/20
to gwt-st...@googlegroups.com
Then let's confirm that I can no longer be considered a member of the steering committee. 😅

Cheers,

Julien Dramaix

Jun 11, 2020, 5:35:07 PM6/11/20
to GWT Steering
Thanks Christian for the clarification. I've created https://github.com/gwtproject/gwt-site/pull/312 for removing your name from the list.

Who is the official representative for RedHat ? If I remember correctly, Christian Sadilek is not working for RedHat anymore.

Colin Alworth

Jun 11, 2020, 5:37:06 PM6/11/20
to GWT Steering
Both Dmitrii Tikhomirov and Mark Proctor have been joining from RedHat (and I added both to this mailing list a few hrs ago) - I believe Dmitrii is going to be the official representative, but I'll let them confirm that.

Joonas Lehtinen

Jun 11, 2020, 7:51:35 PM6/11/20
to gwt-st...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Vaadin left the steering committee in the end of 2019. Not sure if the resignation email (copy below) reached all of you as I did recall not getting confirmation for that.

- Joonas

Hi all,

Vaadin has been embarrassingly inactive in the GWT steering committee for quite some time. Apologies for that. To give a bit of background, our product has moved to web component based frontend (first utilizing Polymer and now Lit) since Vaadin 10 release 17 months ago. While we still support Vaadin 8 that builds on GWT, I do not expect that we would be contributing much in the GWT steering committee in the future either.

With this, Vaadin will leave from the GWT steering committee. Colin, would you advice if there is any process for this or other steps we should take?

I would like to thank you all for the trust and privilege of being part of this exemplary group of engineers. I believe that GWT is brilliant and I have a deep respect for the work you have put in that.

Here is a link down to memory lane that I look back very fondly: http://gwtcreate.com/

Would be great to keep in touch with all of you. Whenever you are at SF Bay Area and have a moment, lets catch up.

--
Joonas Lehtinen, Founder & CEO

Julien Dramaix

Jun 12, 2020, 1:15:06 AM6/12/20
to gwt-st...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joonas,

Thanks for forwarding the resignation email on this mailing list. I've recalled this email and I've removed Vaadin from the list once I started this thread.

-Julien

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "GWT Steering" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gwt-steering/CAC6mPd12qzfxJR1qvwTGMvJo8uLWRGc_EJ_5B5kBxXkfqdeGnQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Chani Liet

Jun 12, 2020, 6:11:46 AM6/12/20
to gwt-st...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for adding us to the list, Colin. As was decided, I'll be an official Red Hat representative from now on. Thanks for the opportunity to join.