Stop Level Alerts

WMATA Bus System

Jun 9, 2021, 3:22:25 PM6/9/21
to GTFS-realtime
For each alert message with an informed_entity containing a stop_id, should we create a corresponding/duplicate message with an  informed_entity containing the route_id?

We assume that all route users should be notified of bus stop specific alerts along the route.

Thanks,

- Stephanie

Tinat, Gaetano

Jun 9, 2021, 3:36:29 PM6/9/21
to GTFS-realtime
I believe so, yes. Its the only way to ensure that the alert is seen at both the stop and route levels.
Jun 9, 2021, 4:06:39 PM6/9/21
to gtfs-r...@googlegroups.com
If your intention is to notify the entire route, regardless if the user
would board, alight, pass by it. Then don't specify stop_id, it is is route
level information.

But if your intention is to notify users that are actually affected,
specifying both would meet that goal.

--
Stefan

WMATA Bus System