not able to reset service reminder

Kenneth Vinther

Mar 23, 2020, 2:20:50 AM3/23/20
to GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles
Hi,
Can anybody help.
Try to reset servicereminder, but GS911 wifi keep telling me "module is not of expected type or wrong bike model.
What to do ?
Regards Kenneth, Denmark.
DF1411E6-7802-4A39-AEFB-64A0410AFED0.png

Harry Oosterbroek

Mar 23, 2020, 6:52:31 AM3/23/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
I had the same promlem a few weeks ago the thirt time it accsepet it the command.

Bill Morrison

Mar 23, 2020, 9:14:36 AM3/23/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
I had to try a few times but make sure you have a good wi-fi connection. It is a finicky little device.

Bill Morrison

Willy Vega

Mar 23, 2020, 9:33:58 AM3/23/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
Try to reset the service with the computer, I have the same problem with y two bikes, then I used the computer instead of the cel and works fine. I only have troubles with teh service reset with wifi.
Then the GS-911 woks great.

Take care

Wilfredo Vega Vega
PROCYCLES STORE
Gerente Propietario
R. Saenz # 467 esq. Av. Beijin
(Lado Surtidor Cochabamba 1,
4 cuadras al norte de Av. América Oeste)
wfv...@gmail.com
Telf. 59144423895
Cel. 59176402500
Cochabamba - Bolivia

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 2:20 AM Kenneth Vinther <vinthe...@gmail.com> wrote:

Brian Louw

Mar 23, 2020, 11:02:03 AM3/23/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
I've had that problem too and it appears to happen when you do an autoscan before selecting the service reset.  I found it can be fixed by unplugging the gs 911 and re- inserting it.

adf

Mar 23, 2020, 3:36:57 PM3/23/20
to GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles
Are you sure the bike has this function available? Mine does not.

Mole C

Mar 28, 2020, 1:45:04 PM3/28/20
to gs-911
bike make and model ?, whats autoscan say it is

Maurice

Tom Cutter

Mar 28, 2020, 3:38:29 PM3/28/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
I’ve found that enabling WiFi on my iPhone gave me a solid platform for the GS-911WIFI to work.
Then I discovered that my RNineT Racer 17 is almost an orphaned model insofar as functionality, which was a disappointment.
I’ve sunk a lot of money into GS-911 products in Pro versions, and this latest is the least useful that I’ve encountered.
Still beats staring dumbly at the bike, though.
Stay home, stay safe.

Tom Cutter
Rubber Chicken Racing Garage
Yardley, PA USA
RubberChickenRacingGarage.com

Loddy Orquina

Mar 29, 2020, 10:02:50 AM3/29/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
Make it sure that your gs911 is updated and make it sure also the model of your bike is right

bernard_rocha

Mar 29, 2020, 11:56:46 AM3/29/20
to GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles
Good to see you here Loddy. Hope all is well back there at home. Kenneth, is your bike a K16? As Loddy mentioned, make sure you got the initials correct. Very rare does this happen but don’t get me wrong, I never said it didn’t or wouldn’t.

mick adamson

Mar 30, 2020, 1:49:42 AM3/30/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
Make sure you're choosing your model series and then bike yourself and not letting the 911 select it for you.

Bill Morrison

Mar 30, 2020, 1:49:42 AM3/30/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
I always got that error message because you're not connected with your wifi correctly. Your gs-911 should have an IP address like 192.168.0.xxx

--
Bill Morrison

ivan universe

Mar 30, 2020, 5:06:29 AM3/30/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill,
I am not sure if the IP is correct, because I have mine set to 192.168.1.xxx.
And I have some dificulties at the beginning cause I am not an PC freak thats why.But eventully I have sorted and tested.
But afterwords I discover that I can also run diagnose on running bike...stupped me.But we learn till we die...
Thanks for the informations
Ivan Zdolsek

Bill Morrison