How to obtain gRPC status in a Async C++ Client

Fabiano Zaruch Chinasso

Sep 15, 2023, 9:52:48 AM9/15/23
to grpc.io
I am implementing a gRPC Async client with C++, and I need to get the grpc-status (https://grpc.github.io/grpc/core/md_doc_statuscodes.html) returned by the server to error treatment, but the AsyncNext API only returns the NextStatus with is associate to the CompletionQueue which doesn't contain the status returned by Server but the status for the completion queue.

How is it possible to obtain the grpc status returned by the server? I have tried associate a Interceptor object to the channel, but I can't see any call for the hooks point for Receive status. There is another Object API to get the returned gRPC status?