GRPC call forwarding python

shikha singhal

Sep 6, 2022, 1:47:11 AM9/6/22
to grpc.io
how to do grpc call forwarding with python

Yuri Golobokov

Sep 7, 2022, 1:47:34 PM9/7/22
to grpc.io
Hello, can you provide more details, please?

shikha singhal

Sep 7, 2022, 10:46:02 PM9/7/22
to Yuri Golobokov, grpc.io
I want to have a generic proto file which accepts tf serving predict request and then I can forward the same to tf serving.

Aggarwal Sre

Sep 8, 2022, 12:40:01 AM9/8/22
to shikha singhal, Yuri Golobokov, grpc.io
Are you looking for transparent proxy?

shikha singhal

Sep 8, 2022, 12:44:07 AM9/8/22
to Aggarwal Sre, Yuri Golobokov, grpc.io
Yes

shikha singhal

Sep 8, 2022, 12:46:34 AM9/8/22
to Aggarwal Sre, Yuri Golobokov, grpc.io
I am trying to create a grpc server which can take request from client and forward the same request to another server.

shikha singhal

Sep 12, 2022, 3:55:38 PM9/12/22
to Aggarwal Sre, Yuri Golobokov, grpc.io
Hi yuri, Hi Sre,

Any idea how I can create a generic proto file for this type of request and response?

Aggarwal Sre

Sep 12, 2022, 5:35:17 PM9/12/22
to shikha singhal, Yuri Golobokov, grpc.io
I am not sure how to do this in python, but in go-lang following can be used - grpc-proxy/proxy at master · mwitkow/grpc-proxy · GitHub

In go lang, grpc has - "grpc.UnknownServiceHandler" which could be used to write a transparent proxy.

-Vivek