Example on using inproc transport rather than http2

Peinan Zhang

May 11, 2021, 12:55:41 PM5/11/21
to grpc.io
Hello,
I'm new to gRPC and explorating the features. I'm interested in different transport pluggins. How can I wirte a simple app (both client and server) using inproc transport rather than http2?  Is there any sample test case available?

Thanks.

Piotr Morgwai Kotarbinski

May 11, 2021, 1:10:52 PM5/11/21
to grpc.io
I think no language grpc implementation supports "pluggable" transports mechanism, so you would need to customize internal code (I may be wrong though).
Some time ago some awesome folks have developed grpc over usb: you can have a look at the thread, there's a link there somewhere: https://groups.google.com/g/grpc-io/c/ZS7yqRRfviY/m/1FGWMzT3CwAJ
in Java you would probably need to customize ServerBuilder and ManagedChannelBuilder.

Cheers!

Peinan Zhang

May 11, 2021, 8:14:31 PM5/11/21
to Piotr Morgwai Kotarbinski, grpc.io
Thank you , Piotr.  I'll look at the link you provided.

--Peinan