bazel does not autodetect gcc (CC var unset) ?

nipil

Mar 5, 2024, 12:37:20 PMMar 5
to grpc.io

Hello

I am using Debian 11 and gcc 10 and 1.62.0 branch (or master, same result)

When running tools/bazel build :all  (bazel 6.4.0) i get the following error :

Auto-Configuration Error: Cannot find gcc or CC (clang); either correct your path or set the CC environment variable

But it goes away and compiles fine if i export CC=gcc

Shouldn't bazel detect the available compile chain (gcc/g++ 10 in my case ) ?
Or is the manual selection expected ?

Note : I guess it is not realler related to grpc, except if there is a config somewhere triggering that behaviour ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Nicolas

apo...@google.com

Mar 12, 2024, 1:14:01 PMMar 12
to grpc.io
This is a bazel question rather than a grpc question, as you've noted.