[GSoC 2018] Will grpc-go team participate in this year's GSoC?

He Yu

Feb 13, 2018, 2:48:47 AM2/13/18
to grpc.io
Hi

I've just learned that gRPC is accepted as a mentoring organization in this year's Google Summer of Code 2018 and read through the idea lists.  But I can only find ideas from grpc-core and grpc-python.

As I have some background in Go, and I am interested in contributing to this project and the grpc community, I'm wondering if there will be any plan from the grpc-go team to list their ideas.

Or in another way, if I come out with some custom ideas, will they be appreciated?

Thanks.

Ihor Dvoretskyi

Feb 13, 2018, 6:31:16 AM2/13/18
to He Yu, grpc.io
An extra note: CNCF has been recently approved as an officially participating organization in GSoC 2018 - https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/6453865516367872/.

April Kyle Nassi

Feb 13, 2018, 1:00:03 PM2/13/18
to kiddma...@gmail.com, grpc.io
Hello! We welcome all proposals - so please do share your idea when proposals are open!

April Kyle Nassi, Program Manager

Google, Inc. | Open Source Strategy | Developer Relations

345 Spear Street, San Francisco, CA 94105

ana...@google.com | @thisisnotapril