Initializing the gRPC.

madhavar...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2017, 1:45:54 AM6/26/17
to grpc.io
Hello,
I have used gRPC to write a micro-service as part of a proto-type project. I have noticed the the global variable static GrpcLibrary g_gli does not get initialized in certain workflows that the microservice's client code was used. This was causing the createchannel gRPC call to crash.

Since this static global variable is defined in grpc_library.h, merely including this in a project will make this statement to be executed when the gRPC client is executed?

Thanks!

Yang Gao

Jul 12, 2017, 2:13:33 AM7/12/17
to grpc.io, madhavar...@gmail.com
Can you give an example of the workflow that triggers the problem?

We try to hide the initialization behind the creation of some high level C++ objects so that users should not need to worry about explicit initialization.
Thanks.