Status of Experimental Interceptor APIs in Go/Python

aa...@dropbox.com

Mar 2, 2018, 2:36:59 PM3/2/18
to grpc.io
Hi,

My understanding is APIs that are marked as experimental can be removed without notice. I was wondering what the process to promote experimental APIs to stable is and where I can follow along on that.

Both the go client side interceptors (which seem mostly unchanged for 1.5 year) and python interceptor (much more recent, only added in December) are still marked as experimental.

Thanks,
Ashwin

Carl Mastrangelo

Mar 2, 2018, 5:07:26 PM3/2/18
to grpc.io
You can file an issue to request the stabilization of an API.  I can't speak for Go or Python, but in Java we have a biweekly meeting to move APIs out of experimental.