grpc-go: client for service reflection

Josh Humphries

Feb 16, 2017, 10:45:12 AM2/16/17
to grpc.io
I noticed there is a server-side implementation in Go for service reflection. But a client is notably absent. Using a generated stub is inconvenient for numerous reasons, not least among them being that the generated API of raw descriptor protos is rather unwieldy.

I've written such a client and was wondering if it would be considered a useful addition to the core grpc-go repo. It provides a richer descriptor type, similar to what is done in Java and C++ protobuf implementations, to make the returned schema easier to use.

(I've also asked the protobuf mailing list if the descriptors would be a welcome contribution to the Go protobuf library. Although I don't see my message in Google Groups -- anyone know if that group is moderated?)

----
Josh Humphries
jh...@bluegosling.com