Re: gRPC Performance

Matt Kwong

Mar 7, 2018, 7:38:35 PM3/7/18
to Nan Dun, Thomas Ramfjord, grp...@googlegroups.com
+grpc-io

Unfortunately, I'm not the best person to answer this question. Adding grpc-io, so that someone working on C++ or Java performance can answer this.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 4:10 PM, Nan Dun <nd...@quantcast.com> wrote:

Hi Matt,

This is Nan from Quantcast. Our team at Quantcast is looking for gPRC performance numbers and we are glad to find this very insightful chart: https://performance-dot-grpc-testing.appspot.com/explore?dashboard=5636470266134528

However, we are a bit confused, in throughput QPS charts (both unary and streaming), why Java has much better performance (almost 2x) than C++? We do appreciate if you can give us some hints about this. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Nan

Sree Kuchibhotla

Mar 8, 2018, 11:36:04 PM3/8/18
to Matt Kwong, nd...@quantcast.com, tram...@quantcast.com, grpc.io
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The numbers look very low for C++ (especially for unary, its way too low). We are investigating..

thanks,
Sree

nd...@quantcast.com

Mar 14, 2018, 1:55:22 PM3/14/18
to grpc.io
Hi Sree,

Nan

ncte...@google.com

Jun 27, 2018, 1:59:55 PM6/27/18
to grpc.io
Hi Nan,

The infrastructure behind those dashboards has fallen out of maintenance. We have a very comprehensive internal set of dashboards. I see no reason why they can't be made public, to replace those old ones. I will look into this further.

Best,
Noah