What is the minimum android/iOS version that gRPC support?

yz

Jan 16, 2018, 11:50:31 PM1/16/18
to grpc.io
I did not find it on the gRPC website. Does anyone have a clue?

Eric Gribkoff

Jan 17, 2018, 1:21:43 AM1/17/18
to yz, Muxi Yan, grpc.io
+mxyan for iOS. On Android, we support API levels 14 and up, as this matches the requirement of recent versions of Google Play Services, which is used to obtain an up-to-date TLS1.2 implementation on older phones: see our security doc. You may be able to get gRPC running on older Android API levels, but this isn't something we actively test or (at this time) explicitly support.

Eric

yz

Jan 17, 2018, 1:40:29 AM1/17/18
to grpc.io
Thanks for your detailed answer on Android, Eric.
Need to know the answer on iOS too, so we can make a decision whether to use it on our App.

Muxi Yan

Jan 17, 2018, 12:16:07 PM1/17/18
to Eric Gribkoff, yz, grpc.io
Currently gRPC supports iOS 7.0, documented in the Cocoapods podspec.