Re: [protobuf] Problem during installation of gRPC

Feng Xiao

Oct 18, 2016, 2:12:09 PM10/18/16
to Clément B, grpc.io, Protocol Buffers

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 6:12 AM, Clément B <cle...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a problem to install gRPC.
I've successfully installed Protocol Buffers v3.1.0 (from the GitHub repository).
Then I do :

- git clone -b $(curl -L http://grpc.io/release) https://github.com/grpc/grpc
- cd grpc
- git submodule update --init
- make

But the compilation does not finish. I have a lot of undefined references (for example, to google::protobuf::FileDescriptorProto::kSynxtaxFieldNumber).
I don't understand why. Is there a library that I've not installed ?

Sorry if it is obvious, I'm a beginner. And sorry for my bad english too, I'm french...

Thank you.