building gRPC go on AIX

amandee...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2017, 6:02:11 PM12/20/17
to grpc.io
Hello,
    Can someone help me to set up gRPC go on AIX running on a Power 8. I tried installing using go get -u google.golang.org/grpc (https://grpc.io/docs/quickstart/go.html#prerequisites), but it fails with following:

https fetch failed: Get https://google.golang.org/grpc?go-get=1: x509: failed to load system roots and no roots provided
package google.golang.org/grpc: unrecognized import path "google.golang.org/grpc" (https fetch: Get https://google.golang.org/grpc?go-get=1: x509: failed to load system roots and no roots provided)

I think it is because that AIX is not supported. I think I would need to install from source, but I am not sure how to go about it. Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks,
Aman

Mehrdad Afshari

Jan 17, 2018, 1:39:46 PM1/17/18
to grpc.io
I think there might be an issue with Go fetching the URL. You can try cloning the git repository directly (github.com/grpc/grpc-go) under the right path (google.golang.org/grpc) in your $GOPATH/src. You probably need to recursively do this for all the dependencies as well. Unfortunately we don't have expertise or access to this platform, so it'd be great if you could share your findings with the community. Thanks!

aman...@cohesity.com

Jan 17, 2018, 2:00:56 PM1/17/18
to grpc.io
I solved the issue by installing ca-certificates.

-Aman

Mehrdad Afshari

Jan 18, 2018, 5:15:15 PM1/18/18
to aman...@cohesity.com, grpc.io