Trying to push a small change to the remote repo for grpc-java

Sonya

Nov 26, 2017, 7:30:38 PM11/26/17
to grp...@googlegroups.com
Hi GRPC IO team,

I'm trying to push a small change to a branch I created but authentication keeps failing. I don't see anything in the README about any additional authentication required and I already accepted the contributor license agreement as shared here

Pls advise if there's any additional setup I need to do.

Thanks

--

Sonya K Chhabra

Sonya Chhabra

Nov 26, 2017, 10:08:55 PM11/26/17
to Josh Humphries, grpc.io
Thanks Josh! I forgot to fork the repo. I'll fork and try again.

Thanks
Sonya

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 26, 2017, at 9:39 PM, Josh Humphries <jh...@bluegosling.com> wrote:

Hi, Sonya,
Only committers can actually push changes to the main repo. To contribute, you need to fork the repo and create a pull request. After the pull request is reviewed, if accepted, it will be merged into the repo. If you are trying to push to a personal feature/bugfix branch, you should push to your own fork instead.

See this article for more info on the typical flow for contributing to open-source projects in Github:

----
Josh Humphries
jh...@bluegosling.com

Josh Humphries