grpc c++ client service failure detection

aryehw...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2016, 11:50:09 AM11/27/16
to grpc.io
Hi,

I am trying to find a way to have my grpc c++ client detect that a service has failed or changed location/IP.

For now I use DNS to resolve the service's IP (and my services will register themselves as they become available)
The default 5 minute IDLE_TIMEOUT is too long.
Is there any way to configure it or a TCP keep-alive  via the c++ library?
Or is there a way to implement a resolver interface so I can detect changes quicker?

For now the only thing I can think of is to bring down and up the channel based on failed RPC counts but I was wondering if there is a better way.

Thanks,
Aryeh

Aryeh Weinreb

Dec 1, 2016, 3:00:10 AM12/1/16