error: undefined reference to `grpc::ServerBuilder::AddListeningPort(std::string const&, std::shared

Thomas Schober

Aug 4, 2017, 4:16:40 AM8/4/17
to grpc.io
Hi,

i compiled grpc according to the documentation by using MSYS2. I can compile the helloworld example without problems. No i wrote the following example :

#include <iostream>
#include "../protobuff/demo.pb.h"
#include "MathToolsImpl.h"
#include "grpc++/grpc++.h"

using namespace std;

int main()
{
    std::string server_address("127.0.0.1:50051");
    MathToolsImpl impl;
    grpc::ServerBuilder builder;
    builder.AddListeningPort(server_address,grpc::InsecureServerCredentials());
    builder.RegisterService(&impl);
    unique_ptr<grpc::Server> server(builder.BuildAndStart());
    std::cout << "Server started and listening";
    server->Wait();
}

When i comment out the line for AddListeningPort the program is linking fine. Any Idea what i am doing wrong ?

Thomas Schober

Aug 8, 2017, 4:36:19 AM8/8/17
to grpc.io
I found the problem by myself now. By some crazy mistake my IDE used a different compiler than i used for compiling grpc. So this was the actual problem. After i switched to the correct compiler it worked.

zsf657...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2017, 7:33:18 AM9/21/17
to grpc.io
I have met the same error as you, and I compile the program with GCC 5.4.0. Which complier should I use?

在 2017年8月8日星期二 UTC+8下午4:36:19,Thomas Schober写道: