How to generate document for gRPC API . J

nirmal Kumar

Apr 12, 2018, 2:42:30 AM4/12/18
to grpc.io
Hello ALL,

I wanted to generate document for gRPC API . Is gPRC provide some plugin or NPM module ?

Env in use :- JAVA , Node.js .

Thanks and Regards
Nirmal Kumar

Benjamin Krämer

Apr 12, 2018, 3:48:54 AM4/12/18
to grpc.io
I don't know about gRPC specifically, but since you most of the times use Protocol Buffers to define your API, protoc-gen-docbook would be an option. I'm personally using a C# port that I enhanced with our options of https://code.google.com/archive/p/protoc-gen-docbook/ right now for an older proto2 project. There seems to be an up2date version written in GoLang called protoc-gen-doc where you can also use a Docker container. I haven't used this one myself, but will look into it soon for my own gRPC API documentation. Since this also can export docbook, it looks a like good replacement while keeping my existing PDF build-chain (using Apache FOP).