Zuul API gateway and GRPC java

Isuru Samaraweera

Oct 13, 2018, 11:28:54 AM10/13/18
to grpc.io
Hi All,
Can we expose a single grpc endpoint in Zuul API gateway and let grpc client side load balancing is fully hidden to the outside world(public grpc API users with a single access point in ZUUL)?

If we do not use a API gateway for GRPC with other REST services generic client api cannot be achieved.

Steps to do client side load balancing behind a API gateway is highly appreciated

Isuru Samaraweera

Carl Mastrangelo

Oct 15, 2018, 3:07:44 PM10/15/18
to grpc.io
Hi,

I don't think we have domain expertise with Zuul here.  If you are using Java, the load balancer is pluggable, and you can define your own load balancing policy.