Project Not Compiling

Ugur Ortac

May 30, 2021, 6:42:01 PM5/30/21
to grpc.io
I have a project that uses GRPC in it.

This working with one of the older GRPC swarms.

But this not compiling when I download and install the latest version.

:-1: error: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/9/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libxml2.so: undefined reference to symbol 'inflateEnd'

:-1: error: /usr/local/lib/libz.so.1: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line

Thanks for help.

Nicolas Noble

May 30, 2021, 8:36:11 PM5/30/21
to Ugur Ortac, grpc.io
How did you compile? What's the build system? Do you have a reproduction case we can look at?

Ugur Ortac

May 31, 2021, 1:09:01 AM5/31/21
to grpc.io
Im using QT Creator 4.15 QT base 5.15
OS: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

GRPC Installation Steps:

sudo apt install zlib1g
sudo apt install zlib1g-dev
sudo apt-get install cmakeapt-get install build-essential autoconf libtool pkg-config
cd grpc
git submodule update --init
mkdir -p cmake/build
cd cmake/build
cmake ../..
make
make install
sudo cp -r third_party/abseil-cpp/absl /usr/local/include/

Nicolas Noble

May 31, 2021, 1:39:54 AM5/31/21
to Ugur Ortac, grpc.io
So these build instructions don't have any issue for me on an Ubuntu 20.04, as they are the default build instructions. What next step is failing for you?