Rendezvous of RPC that terminated with StatusCode.UNIMPLEMENTED

mail...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2018, 11:51:10 AM3/16/18
to grpc.io
Hi ,

    I have a gRPC server written in golang. golang gRPC client works fine but python gRPC client gives below error:

  File "/home/ubuntu/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/grpc/_channel.py", line 487, in __call__
    return _end_unary_response_blocking(state, call, False, deadline)
  File "/home/ubuntu/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/grpc/_channel.py", line 437, in _end_unary_response_blocking
    raise _Rendezvous(state, None, None, deadline)
grpc._channel._Rendezvous: <_Rendezvous of RPC that terminated with (StatusCode.UNIMPLEMENTED, unknown service Gateway)>

Please let me know , if I need to share code also.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Mehrdad Afshari

Apr 3, 2018, 8:38:39 PM4/3/18
to grpc.io
Can you please send us a minimal reproduction case? Ideally if you could reproduce it with the examples provided (helloworld, route_guide) it'd be great.

[P.S. I sent this message a couple days back, but looking at the Groups UI, I don't see it and instead see "2 messages have been deleted", so I apologize if you are receiving this twice]

vk

Apr 14, 2018, 3:09:10 AM4/14/18
to Mehrdad Afshari, grpc.io
Hi Mehrdad,

      I resolved this issue. This was happening due to missing "package xxx" statement from .proto file on client side. While debugging, I found that the package statement is missing from client side proto file, but server side proto file had that. Once I added the package statement, RPC calls worked fine.

Thanks and sorry for replying late.