Java Blocking Stub inside StreamObserver

oddbal...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2017, 12:41:25 PM12/22/17
to grpc.io
In my java client, I'm trying to call a blocking stub inside of a StreamObserver passed to an async stub. Is this allowed? The blocking stub just blocks forever and I never see the message on the c++ server side.

oddbal...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2017, 3:08:23 PM12/27/17
to grpc.io
It might also be of use to note that both the blocking and aync stubs are on the same channel. Also, I'm using grpc-java v1.7.0.

Carl Mastrangelo

Jan 4, 2018, 7:37:01 PM1/4/18
to grpc.io
It is safe to block in your async stub.  You just won't get any more notifications for that particular stub until you finish blocking.  Other RPCs will proceed normally.