How can I remove GrowlMail?

boxcarwilly

Dec 24, 2019, 10:27:43 AM12/24/19
to Growl Discuss
Hello! GrowlMail has been displaying a message every time I open my Apple mail. How do I get rid of this message for good?
Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 4.36.34 AM.png

Charlie S

Dec 24, 2019, 10:34:23 AM12/24/19
to growld...@googlegroups.com
You can update GrowlMail or uninstall it.

http://growl.info/growlmail/

----
Charlie Schloss

Why Open the Web?

Despite the connecting purpose of the Web, it is not entirely open to all of its users. When used correctly, HTML documents can be displayed across platforms and devices. However, many devices are excluded access to Web content.

On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 8:27 AM boxcarwilly <angela.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello! GrowlMail has been displaying a message every time I open my Apple mail. How do I get rid of this message for good?

TJ Luoma

Dec 24, 2019, 10:35:09 AM12/24/19
to growld...@googlegroups.com
I believe that the bundle will be found in
~/Library/Mail/Bundles/GrowlMail.mailbundle

Quit Mail.app

Go to Finder, Choose the "Go" menu, then "Go to Folder…" then enter
"~/Library/Mail/Bundles/" (without the " marks) and see if you find
it.

HTH.

TjL

On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 10:27 AM boxcarwilly <angela.f...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello! GrowlMail has been displaying a message every time I open my Apple mail. How do I get rid of this message for good?

TJ Luoma

Dec 24, 2019, 10:39:58 AM12/24/19
to growld...@googlegroups.com
It may also be in a folder named “Bundles (Disabled)” so you may want
to look in ~/Library/Mail/ for that.
Message has been deleted

Ilja

Dec 24, 2019, 4:10:39 PM12/24/19
to growld...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Rudy Richter's page on Bitbucket offers only versions compatible with Mavericks and newer. I need the one for Lion. Where do I download it? I suppose v 1.4.x are all for 10.9 and newer.

TJ Luoma

Dec 25, 2019, 12:38:48 PM12/25/19
to growld...@googlegroups.com
1.4 is Mavericks-or-later-only.

https://bitbucket.org/rudyrichter/growlmail/downloads/?tab=tags has
the source for GrowlMail-1.3.8 but not a compiled version. The closest
I came was a link to
http://growlmail.googlecode.com/files/GrowlMail-1.3.8.zip but it's 404
(thänks, Google).

If you have Xcode installed on your Lion Mac, you should be able to
compile GrowlMail, I think, but I don't know specifics.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/growldiscuss/285BB755-5CD2-4B7C-9FE9-3CF420DE7D1C%40gmail.com.

Ilja

Dec 25, 2019, 1:54:55 PM12/25/19
to growld...@googlegroups.com
That "error 404" link is still accessible with the help of WaybackMachine. That way I got the GrowlMail installation package and installed it. I've used another wonderful plugin – Herald – however I wanted to try this one because you can customize notifications in Growl and see how it works.