Asterisk under punctum mora instead of a bar?

Matthew Roth

Mar 4, 2022, 4:16:01 PM3/4/22
to Gregorio Users
Hello everyone,

I'm putting together a booklet of the sanctoral commemorations from the Antiphonale Romanum (and thus will eventually reuse them when I get to the common).

In the antiphon Sacerdos et Pontifex from I Vesp. of a confessor bishop, the asterisk is too far to the left, under the punctum mora, despite being attached to the bar. I looked at the image displayed on Gregobase , and it does the same thing. This does not happen with the version used by the Source & Summit editor (see PDF), which is what I'd like to have for my own score…

This is the only score in which I've encountered this problem. (I realize that by  \defGreStar{*} makes the asterisk rather small, making the problem worse but I like using the glyphs of the font for everything.)

I'm running Gregorio 6.0 with MacTeX (and thus TeXShop), and this is the first problem for which I haven't found a solution

Thanks so much.

Sacerdos_et_pontifex..._ora.gabc
Source and Summit example.pdf
Sacerdos_et_pontifex..._ora.tex

Fr. Samuel Springuel

Mar 4, 2022, 4:42:06 PM3/4/22
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
You’re seeing the “new” bar spacing algorithm in action (it was introduced in 4.2, IIRC). You’ll need to adjust maxbaroffsettextleft to limit how far left that asterisk is allowed to drift or switch to the old bar spacing algorithm with `\gresetbarspacing{old}`.

I think that Source and Summit use an older version of Gregorio and so exhibits the old behavior.

✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝
Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey
4501 South Dakota Ave, NE
Washington, DC, 20017
202-269-2300
(c) 202-853-7036

PAX ☧ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ
> --
> Gregorio homepage: http://gregorio-project.github.io
> <Sacerdos_et_pontifex..._ora.gabc><Source and Summit example.pdf><Sacerdos_et_pontifex..._ora.tex>

Matthew Roth

Mar 4, 2022, 4:46:04 PM3/4/22
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
Ah. Yes, I remember reading about this but haven’t seen the need for it yet., so I’ll take a look in the documentation. Thanks!

Right, S&S does use an older version (before <eu> tags were introduced, at least).

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Gregorio Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gregorio-users/44121FAE-941F-4C4D-8DAC-34BB16DBDACB%40gmail.com.