Where is the player who will take my dirty PE film???

Arthur Boone

Apr 28, 2022, 5:01:13 PM4/28/22
to greenyes, Nancy Poh, steven sherman, Gary Liss, Richard Anthony
During the last two years, I have made several attempts to obtain from the staff of the Secondary Materials Pricing Index  that is posting information on the last page of Resource Recycling magazine about the actual markets for PE film that is not Grade A.

This started when I was helping on a monthly Friday night street fair in Oakland and we were getting in the trash large quantities of PE film I would never think of taking to the supermarket for disposal. (That would be Grade A, I presume.)

Cruising the internet gives me no help; my technical skills on this topic are easily over-reached by what I read.

Can anyone help? All I want is to find someone locally who can take what I have and find a use for it.  Am I wrong in concluding that the plastics industry is working hard to keep the "clean it up" mantra out of their pocketbooks.

Arthur R. Boone, Center for Recycling Research, Berkeley, CA
510/910-6451

emsees

Apr 29, 2022, 12:22:24 PM4/29/22
to Arthur Boone, greenyes
How dirty is it? What is the source of the contamination? Besides the
two companies I already mentioned, trex and hilex/novolex to reach out
to, I might recommend doing a search around 'agricultural plastic
film' as it's often film that has contamination from the industry it's
used in, but I believe there is a market for it.

--
MS