C&D reuse in NY

Amy Perlmutter

Apr 30, 2022, 10:40:07 AM4/30/22
to reducereus...@googlegroups.com, greenyes greenyes
I just learned about this company in NYC. Great model.  There are so many parts of the waste stream we can use for local economic development and diversion.
https://www.redustudios.com/

__________________________________
Amy Perlmutter
Perlmutter Associates
23 Avon Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
landline: 617-354-5456
Strategy, partnership building, communications, and
program design for a sustainable future
Twitter: @AmyPerlmutter

Amy Perlmutter

Apr 30, 2022, 3:20:19 PM4/30/22
to Mary Lou VanDeventer, GreenYes
Yes, that was Big City Forest (if we’re thinking about the same thing). Started by David Mutchnik, David Hurd, and Resa Dimino.  We bought one of their book cases for my old office and I was lucky enough to get it when the office closed down. It’s a beautiful piece of furniture.

It is fortunate when planetary survival becomes chic! I agree!   The earth needs a good PR firm!

Amy

__________________________________
Amy Perlmutter
Perlmutter Associates
23 Avon Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
landline: 617-354-5456
Strategy, partnership building, communications, and
program design for a sustainable future
Twitter: @AmyPerlmutter

On Apr 30, 2022, at 3:10 PM, Mary Lou VanDeventer <maryl...@icloud.com> wrote:

Interesting!  Once upon a time in the early 2000s there was a nonprofit in Brooklyn that made upscale coffee tables from shipping pallets, which were and maybe still are made from tropical hardwoods.  The tables were gorgeous and sold for about $1,000 each, if I recall correctly.  Lately I’ve shopped online at Amish furniture websites, and more often there’s an option to choose recovered woods.

As recyclers and other environmentalists predicted decades ago, the pressure on virgin resources has led to a focus on making things from recovered resources.  We’ve always been on the right side of history, and it’s so helpful when planetary survival becomes chic.

Aunty Entropy