Copying GrazeRSS to a new device

Matthew Knipe

Oct 13, 2020, 9:41:59 AM10/13/20
to GrazeRSS
I have GrazeRSS still installed on an old phone and have noticed that it still syncs with Feedly. When I got my new phone I couldn';t get GrazeRSS from the app store, so have got GrazeTEN, which doesn't have Feedly integration working. Is there any way of getting GrazeRSS onto my new phone?

Thanks

Travis Tabbal

Oct 13, 2020, 11:32:44 AM10/13/20
to graz...@googlegroups.com
Well, Google booted it from the App Store without any reason other than the generic "policy". Which tells me nothing at all about what can be done about it. I was going to attach the file here, but it gets blocked for security reasons. I guess that makes some sense. So here's a link to Google Drive. Maybe that will work. It's the latest version I published on the store.

You will need to enable side-loading (Unknown Sources) in security settings and allow the app you download it with to install applications. Recent Android versions prompt you for that.

I had planned to add Feedly to GrazeTEN, but was irritated at the Google nonsense and there didn't seem to be a lot of interest. And I expect Google would still not allow it on the store as it would likely have the same "problem" the other version did. I could just use a different store perhaps or just publish APK files on github or similar.

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 7:42 AM Matthew Knipe <matt....@gmail.com> wrote:
I have GrazeRSS still installed on an old phone and have noticed that it still syncs with Feedly. When I got my new phone I couldn';t get GrazeRSS from the app store, so have got GrazeTEN, which doesn't have Feedly integration working. Is there any way of getting GrazeRSS onto my new phone?

Thanks

Sean McCabe

Oct 13, 2020, 11:50:27 AM10/13/20
to graz...@googlegroups.com
I have 2.0.10 installed on my phone running Android 10.  It doesn't have full functionality.  I would love to see GrazeTEN get compatibility with Feedly regardless of where the APK is published.

Rod Nayfield

Oct 13, 2020, 12:50:26 PM10/13/20
to graz...@googlegroups.com
Travis, you are free to pull from my GitHub and add the feedly API key and publish the result.

And if you want to get permission from feedly, I'd be happy to add it and publish.

Matthew Knipe

Oct 23, 2020, 11:10:36 AM10/23/20
to GrazeRSS
Thanks Travis, that's a great help

Matthew Knipe

Feb 26, 2022, 5:30:36 PM2/26/22
to GrazeRSS

A couple of years later and another new phone. Is there any way of accessing the menu (to select Feedly as the sync source) on a phone that doesn't have any menu button (S22)?

Thanks

Alan J Robertson

Feb 26, 2022, 5:32:41 PM2/26/22
to graz...@googlegroups.com
I'm using GrazeTEN on my Pixel 5 (Android 11) and have a 3 dot menu at the top right that let's me access settings?

Cheers

Alan

Matthew Knipe

Feb 26, 2022, 5:40:45 PM2/26/22
to GrazeRSS
GrazeTEN doesn't work with Feedly though, as far as I know, so I'm trying to use GrazeRSS.

This might be the final point where I have to stop using it, after 12 years in all the various incarnations.

Alan J Robertson

Feb 26, 2022, 5:44:08 PM2/26/22
to graz...@googlegroups.com
Ahh OK, sorry - totally forgot about that issue! I use it with Newsblur (which I pay for to try and help support it) - I'm not sure if you use Feedly elsewhere or if moving over to Newsblur would be an option?

A.