SGX Simulation Mode

Rachel King

Apr 4, 2022, 3:21:46 PM4/4/22
to Gramine Users
Hello!

I'm curious to know if Gramine is compatible with SGX Simulation mode? I only found an old thread from 2016 that stated it was not at the time, but was wondering if there are any updates or more information now.

Thanks!

Michał Kowalczyk

Apr 10, 2022, 2:59:22 PM4/10/22
to Rachel King, Gramine Users
Hi,

No idea, I don't think anyone from the development team tested Gramine under Intel's SGX Simulation Mode. I think this simulator is Intel-SGX-SDK-specific, but I'm not sure.

Best,
Michał

Vij, Mona

Apr 10, 2022, 4:29:40 PM4/10/22
to Kowalczyk, Michal, Rachel King, Gramine Users

That is correct. SGX SDK offers simulation mode, but Gramine does not as we don’t use SDK for our low level driver interactions.