How to check the access to a resource for RESTful mechanism in the body of the controller?

Ильдар Гильфанов

Jan 5, 2015, 5:15:44 AM1/5/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Grails 2.4.4

How to check the access to a resource for RESTful mechanism in the body of the controller?

Søren Berg Glasius

Jan 5, 2015, 12:40:58 PM1/5/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps you should look at Spring Security and the Spring Security REST plugin: http://grails.org/plugin/spring-security-rest

I have not used the later, but I'm pretty sure this is what you are looking for.

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen,
Søren Berg Glasius

40 Stevenson Ave, Berkeley, CA 94708
Mobile: (+1)510 984 8362, Skype: sbglasius

On 5 January 2015 at 02:15, Ильдар Гильфанов <igil...@gmail.com> wrote:
Grails 2.4.4

How to check the access to a resource for RESTful mechanism in the body of the controller?

Owen Rubel

Jan 6, 2015, 3:24:51 PM1/6/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Well this is done without the controller in the Grails API Toolkit.

You create an apiObject which is cached  at runtime (so that proxy, apigate, facade and external tooling all have equivalent access and can read), which maps all api callable uri resources and ROLES.

Then when called, the handlerInterceptors does checking PRIOR to controller and AFTER controller and handles formatting based on client request.

It's all abstracted and automated.