grails-core

Ankit Singh

Jan 20, 2017, 4:50:36 AM1/20/17
to Grails Dev Discuss
I want to contribute to grails-core development. Where should I start?

Graeme Rocher

Jan 20, 2017, 5:06:52 AM1/20/17
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sounds great! Please see this guide https://grails.org/contribute.html

Then feel free to pick up any issue you feel you can take on
https://github.com/grails/grails-core/issues

If you need help come talk to us on Slack #development channel
https://grails.signup.team

Also see Bobby's slides
http://www.slideshare.net/bobbywarner/gr8conf-contributing-back-to-grails

Thanks

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 10:50 AM, Ankit Singh <ankitsi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to contribute to grails-core development. Where should I start?

Graeme Rocher

Ankit Singh

Jan 22, 2017, 8:30:17 AM1/22/17
to Grails Dev Discuss
Understood. Thanks.

oru...@beapi.io

Jan 26, 2017, 3:29:36 PM1/26/17
to Grails Dev Discuss
Honestly?? Contribution is for OCI employees only.

Fork it. They are not a very open community and have a kneejerk banning policy; currently all their communities are closed and are only open to invite only.

Contributions are rarely accepted now that Pivotal/Spring dumped them.

Jeff Brown

Jan 26, 2017, 3:47:17 PM1/26/17
to Grails Dev Discuss
On 26 Jan 2017, at 14:29, oru...@beapi.io wrote:

> Honestly?? Contribution is for OCI employees only.

This is incorrect. Contribution is definitely not for OCI employees
only. We routinely encourage and accept contributions.

https://github.com/grails/grails-core/commit/058f35ba05a2125660e45236ed8046bfa1af03c5
https://github.com/grails/grails-core/commit/0ebab32a8fbb9797e26cb9239470721a9f43e99b
https://github.com/grails/grails-core/commit/29d13ffe2e0e8d4bdf9947ebee46afd70c938323
https://github.com/grails/grails-core/commit/40d40ef70be98f0af0164519ebd61c02b2cc95bc
https://github.com/grails/grails-core/commit/4247caf2cbce1d36107989577d84cbf1ac45c7ef
https://github.com/grails/grails-core/commit/4a112088b1f44fe67d54cf4709da9f68ead64297
https://github.com/grails/grails-core/commit/5a47ce8aec495cb9a674ecf292602d8a28925394
https://github.com/grails/grails-core/commit/750c42dcf548742822e8d1e4a1d050f4adb8c526
https://github.com/grails/grails-core/commit/94286c4f3f8f5950130eaf8105f83379eebd4d8f
https://github.com/grails/grails-core/commit/ae4cf55b87a968c62a64c50a9b3dfc81a19e7379
https://github.com/grails/grails-core/commit/b7ecd8ed54903730480e9c42bde86c169718970f
https://github.com/grails/grails-core/commit/d2b783dfa190bba97bce4e4843fc4d8c5fdbe905
https://github.com/grails/grails-core/commit/f3f0c8966d2248f32c1a785ac8b4cca74314475b
https://github.com/grails/grails-core/commit/f57b2f2910a3d587b6234de65d024f8b8cd579d9

Those are just ones that show up on the first page or 2 of history
today.

There are many contributors at
https://github.com/grails/grails-core/graphs/contributors, and we
welcome more. It is definitely not our policy that you have to work for
us to contribute.

Thanks for your time!

JSB

--
Jeff Scott Brown
OCI Grails Practice Lead

Autism Strikes 1 in 166
Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
http://www.autismspeaks.org/

oru...@beapi.io

Jan 26, 2017, 10:50:42 PM1/26/17
to Grails Dev Discuss
Oh well I thought the doors were closed,

Then can I commit to the Grails project, Mr Brown? :)

oru...@beapi.io

Jan 26, 2017, 10:56:24 PM1/26/17
to Grails Dev Discuss
I suspect there will be some sort of knee jerk response from Mr Brown at this point like a banning or something because I asked.

Thats the issue. It's ok to ask but pointing out flaws in the community or the project is unacceptable and you will get a 'Trump-like tantrum' where open discourse is not allowed and anyone saying anything negative is instantly banned.

So if I point out that you are allowed to commit as long as you don't disagree with anyone EVER, never say anything to the contrary and always agree with everything the lead developers say and want like a mindless drone, then yes... you can commit.

Open discourse is unacceptable.

oru...@beapi.io

Sep 3, 2017, 11:51:50 PM9/3/17
to Grails Dev Discuss
Out of hundreds of submissions, you listed commits from 3-4 OCI team member friends. Yes, all those are actually just 3-4 people and have are friends of Grails team members as can be seen on the Grails Slack Channel.