progress bar for Grails

Sherif Shehab

Dec 24, 2015, 2:48:40 PM12/24/15
to Grails Dev Discuss
Hi ,
In my Grails project i have  multiple upload files action , i need to implement progress bar to this action in the view,

 <input type="file" id="photo" name="photo" multiple="multiple"/>

i found some JQuery progress bars but i don't know how to implement and link them to my code , Are there any demos or tutorials for that, or any other recommend progress bars rather JQuery one?

Eric Kelm

Dec 25, 2015, 10:58:20 AM12/25/15
to Grails Dev Discuss
The Uplodr pluigin gives you HTML5 drag and drop file upload also with a progress bar for each file. The plugin can be found here: https://grails.org/plugin/uploadr

Sherif Shehab

Dec 25, 2015, 3:40:35 PM12/25/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
is it available to save the uploaded files to DB ?

Dustin D. Clark

Dec 26, 2015, 3:28:18 PM12/26/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you can craft your own upload controller to persist files however you like.  We currently save file content in Amazon S3, but store a reference to the document in a Grails domain class.  Take a look at the default UploadController (https://github.com/dustindclark/grails-uploadr/blob/master/grails-app/controllers/hungry/wombat/UploadController.groovy) as an example.  Also, make sure you set the controller/action attributes of the uploadr tag to use your controller.

Dustin

Sherif Shehab

Dec 27, 2015, 4:20:43 PM12/27/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
it's a very nice plugin, i will use it  , but i don't know how to get the object that holds the uploaded files to do some actions on them, i tried to find any related thing to that in the params or in the request but i cant find, any advice ?