Scaffolding plugin not installing templates

Chris Malan

Feb 9, 2016, 10:35:39 AM2/9/16
to Grails Dev Discuss
The scaffolding 3.2.0 as downloaded from the Bintray site does not contain either the templates or scripts used in install-templates and subsequent generate-views and generate-all.  The only templates installed come from https://github.com/grails3-plugins/scaffolding/tree/master/src/main/templates/scaffolding.  Changing the branch between master and bintray on the same page one can find all the gsp templates and scripts.

Does the scaffolding plugin download the templates on install-templates?  Is there anything one can do to make it like it was with Grails 2.5.x?  I want to change mainly the gsp templates so generated gsp pages are a bit different from those provided by Grails.  To do it after generation is just not on.

I must be missing something.  I've spend great parts of the last two days on this.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Ronny Løvtangen

Feb 9, 2016, 10:58:11 AM2/9/16
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Wasted a few hours on this myself. See https://github.com/grails3-plugins/scaffolding/issues/16
In the meantime you can downgrade to 3.1.3

Ronny

Chris Malan

Feb 9, 2016, 6:11:39 PM2/9/16
to Grails Dev Discuss
Thanks for that, Ronny.  The templates do indeed install. They are not in the plugin.  I downloaded 3.1.3 and had a look.   Wonder where they come from?  However, with Grails 3.1.1 generate-all and generate-views ignore these templates completely.  Which Grails version are you using?  Grails 3.0.9 generates edit.gsp and create.gsp from the installed templates and then says: Error occurred running Grails CLI: No such property: params for class: groovy.lang.Binding

The whole Grails thing is very flaky. Oh for a robust framework where things are not released unless they work completely.

Chris

Chris Malan

Feb 9, 2016, 7:45:23 PM2/9/16
to Grails Dev Discuss
My bad.  I forgot to escape a $. Now everything works with Grails 3.0.9 and Scaffolding 3.1.3.