Why was the upgrade command deprecated?

Henrique Lobo Weissmann

Jul 21, 2014, 12:02:29 PM7/21/14
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It may be a silly question, but here it is: why you deprecated the upgrade command? It was quite usefull. Will we see another alternative in the future? Some sort of comeback to make the upgrade of Grails applications easier?

--
Henrique Lobo Weissmann (Kico)
(55) 31 9226-0459

Moritz Kobel

Jul 22, 2014, 2:54:09 AM7/22/14
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Hello Henrique,

as far as I know, grails upgrade is replaced by grails set-grails-version (http://grails.org/doc/latest/ref/Command%20Line/set-grails-version.html)

- Moritz

Graeme Rocher

Jul 22, 2014, 4:19:48 AM7/22/14
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
The upgrade command was originally created with the intention of being
able to automate some of the upgrade process, as the number of plugins
and the complexity of the upgrade process increased we realised it
wasn't go to be able to meet users expectations and we shifted most of
the upgrade information to the documentation making the name 'upgrade'
for the command no longer suitable. The only useful functionality of
'upgrade' is to set the Grails version and hence it has been replaced
by 'set-grails-version'

Cheers
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grails-dev-discuss/b6478af2-4a54-43ef-b309-f1c40268052a%40googlegroups.com.

Graeme Rocher