is grails 3 syntax compatible with grials 2

joechan...@gmail.com

May 14, 2016, 8:51:08 AM5/14/16
to Grails Dev Discuss
Hi, I'm new to Grails, and was recommeded to start with grails 3, but currently no book about Grails 3 is available, I wanted to know if I read Grails 2 book, and use Grails 3, will it be a problem?

Thanks

Sergio Michels

May 15, 2016, 10:46:57 AM5/15/16
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi! Not all you use in Grails 2 will be in 3.x, but many concepts remains the same. My suggestion is to read some 2.x available book and play with the latest 2.x version, and then search for migration information (http://docs.grails.org/latest/guide/upgrading.html) to see the differences between them, if you feel more comfortable with this kind of resource.

Another way is to jump in Grails 3.x and look for tutorials/sample applications. You can always rely on docs: http://docs.grails.org/latest/guide

--
Sérgio Michels

joechan...@gmail.com