Status of Jasper plugin for Grails 3.x

NRL

Oct 17, 2016, 2:02:18 PM10/17/16
to Grails Dev Discuss
Hello,

Does anyone know the status of the Jasper plugin for Grails 3.x? I see that it is mentioned on the priority upgrade list here, but it has been on this list for some time now. Is the plugin dead?

I have tried tinkering with this here, but haven't been able to figure out how to get it working, though I saw it recommended by someone on a stack overflow post here.

Thanks,

Nicolas

Gregory Dickson

Oct 17, 2016, 4:12:30 PM10/17/16
to Grails Dev Discuss
From checking the source, it appears that it was updated three months ago, and has been updated for Grails 3: https://github.com/puneetbehl/grails-jasper

NRL

Oct 20, 2016, 2:35:56 PM10/20/16
to Grails Dev Discuss
Thanks for the reply. I've gotten this to work finally.

All of this was a little confusing from the perspective of someone new to this stuff because googling for "grails jasper plugin" brings up a lot of outdated resources and it's also not immediately clear (to me anyways) that there is a grails 3, and a grails 1&2 plugin section (specifically when you arrive at a grails 1&2 plugin page via a google search). Might just be my inexperience though.