grails-view-tools plugin approval

jos...@9ci.com

Sep 7, 2016, 6:56:56 PM9/7/16
to Grails Dev Discuss
trying to do an incremenetal update to get the Freemarker plugin up to date and ready for grails 3.
refactored out some untility to locate views based on DefaultGroovyPageLocator.

https://grails.org/plugins/pending/1601

can someone approve it please so I can push up the new Freemarker plugin and keep the momentum going here. Will be using it for a jasper view plugin thats based on Springs MVC as well.

Søren Berg Glasius

Sep 9, 2016, 12:10:10 PM9/9/16
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josh,

Discussed this with the Grails team, and we would like some more information on how to use in the README.md, not just a reference to code. When that's completed, we should be ready to go.

Best regards,
Søren Berg Glasius

Hedevej 1, Gl. Rye, 8680 Ry, Denmark
Mobile: +45 40 44 91 88, Skype: sbglasius

jos...@9ci.com

Sep 11, 2016, 11:52:21 PM9/11/16
to Grails Dev Discuss

I discussed this internally and we will just keep it public on our 9ci github and and copy paste the common page locator code into the Freemarker plugin to get it working.
none of us are clear on what more you are asking for. The readme and the javadocs provide much more clarity on what this little utility service is doing than the core Grails DefaultGroovyPageLocator it relies on.
I have authorized company time/money and resources to update the freemarker plugin to make it more compatible with 2.3+ and ultimately 3.x. As well as create a better Jasper Reports view and  plugin using Springs MVC architecture. Seems like this process is more challenging and costly than it should to be.