Grails 3 with OAuth 2

Bobby Warner

May 11, 2015, 12:55:58 PM5/11/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
I created a new screencast that walks through building an API with Grails 3 and OAuth 2.  The example application does not use any plugins for security, but rather uses the Spring Boot Security Starter and Spring Security OAuth directly.  My goal was to create a golden sample for others to use as a starting point for creating their own APIs with Grails and OAuth.  Please let me know if there are any suggestions for improvement to the sample app.  Thanks!

Thanks,
Bobby

Göran Ehrsson

May 12, 2015, 4:30:35 PM5/12/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Bobby, I watched your screencast this morning on the bus+metro and I almost forgot to step off at the right station! :-)
This was one of the best screencasts I've viewed in a long time. Great work!
And the sample application looks like a great starter app for OAuth 2 based Grails 3 applications. I will definitely use it as a starter for my next API project.

Thanks!

/Göran

Eugene Kamenev

May 13, 2015, 1:51:23 AM5/13/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Bobby thank you, I built similar app earlier.

As a suggestion, can you show please how to initialize 2 Spring Security contexts, for managing oauth-client-users resources (you already have one), and another managing oauth-client specific protected urls.

Thanks.