Need to transfer ownership of plugin for a Grails 2 plugin.

Bud Byrd

Mar 31, 2016, 2:05:26 PM3/31/16
to Grails Dev Discuss
I've negotiated a transfer of ownership for the grails-jaxrs plugin with the current owner (Martin Krasser). I'd like to see what it will take so that I can start committing version of the plugin for Grails 2.

Jeff Scott Brown

Mar 31, 2016, 2:11:52 PM3/31/16
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com

> On Mar 31, 2016, at 1:05 PM, Bud Byrd <bud....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've negotiated a transfer of ownership for the grails-jaxrs plugin with the current owner (Martin Krasser). I'd like to see what it will take so that I can start committing version of the plugin for Grails 2.

Martin could grant you permissions to his repo at https://github.com/krasserm/grails-jaxrs.

Maybe a better idea is to fork the plugin to https://github.com/gpc/, grant you permission there and let that be the “official” repo moving forward.

Discuss that with Martin and let me know what the 2 of you decide. If you want it forked to gpc then I can do that and grant you or both of you permission to work from the fork.

JSB

Jeff Scott Brown
Principal Software Engineer
Grails Development Team
Object Computing Inc.
http://www.ociweb.com/

Autism Strikes 1 in 166
Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
http://www.autismspeaks.org/

Robert Oschwald

Mar 31, 2016, 10:36:08 PM3/31/16
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
I recommend to transfer the repo on GH, because that preserves the issues.

Sent while mobile.

Bud Byrd

Apr 1, 2016, 12:21:20 AM4/1/16
to Grails Dev Discuss
I'm sorry my original post wasn't clear, but we've already worked out permission to his repository. I have access to it and have copied over all open issues to my fork. The original agreement was that my fork would serve as the new official repository for the plugin.

The intent of this post was to ask about publishing rights on the Grails 1/2 plugin portal for that plugin. I've had several accepted on the portal, but I'd like to get the ownership updated for this plugin as well.

Also, I'll discuss the gpc move with him.

Bud Byrd

Apr 4, 2016, 9:49:45 AM4/4/16
to Grails Dev Discuss
Just wanted to follow up and see what process there was or what information was needed to get publishing permission to the jaxrs plugin on the Grails 1/2 portal.

Jeff Scott Brown

Apr 4, 2016, 10:31:22 AM4/4/16
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com

> On Apr 4, 2016, at 8:49 AM, Bud Byrd <bud....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Just wanted to follow up and see what process there was or what information was needed to get publishing permission to the jaxrs plugin on the Grails 1/2 portal.

Submit a request here with the plugin name and your grails.org user name.

Bud Byrd

Apr 4, 2016, 11:17:10 AM4/4/16
to Grails Dev Discuss
The plugin name is "jaxrs". Username is "budjb". Thank you!

Bud Byrd

Apr 4, 2016, 11:17:42 AM4/4/16
to Grails Dev Discuss
Figured I'd post the link to the plugin so there's no confusion: https://grails.org/plugin/jaxrs

Jeff Scott Brown

Apr 4, 2016, 11:33:08 AM4/4/16
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com

> On Apr 4, 2016, at 10:17 AM, Bud Byrd <bud....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The plugin name is "jaxrs". Username is "budjb". Thank you!

You should now have permission to publish the plugin to the Grails 2 portal.

Thanks!

Bud Byrd

Apr 4, 2016, 11:35:25 AM4/4/16
to Grails Dev Discuss