Help to start contributing to Grails source

manoj kumar

Jan 6, 2016, 2:02:59 PM1/6/16
to Grails Dev Discuss
Hi,

I am very much willing to contribute code to grails codebase, I would like to get started making initial contributions. Anyone help me get started.

Thanks.

Colin Harrington

Jan 6, 2016, 2:52:09 PM1/6/16
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There are a number of way to get involved.  Check out https://grails.org/contribute.html to get started.

Pull Requests are welcomed!

~ Colin

Colin Harrington
Grails Developer
@ColinHarrington

manoj kumar

Jan 7, 2016, 3:36:42 PM1/7/16
to Grails Dev Discuss

Hi, thank you for the response, I have gone through the link, is there a concept of "good first bugs" , so that new comers can easily contribute and along the way get the hang of the code. Alone it is very horrifying to get started. And is there a concept of "mentored bugs"? I seriously don't know how to get started.

Henrique Lobo Weissmann

Jan 7, 2016, 3:53:02 PM1/7/16
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
I want to know that too. :)

Is there any mentoring or something like that so that we can help evolve Grails?

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 6:36 PM, manoj kumar <bmanoj...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, thank you for the response, I have gone through the link, is there a concept of "good first bugs" , so that new comers can easily contribute and along the way get the hang of the code. Alone it is very horrifying to get started. And is there a concept of "mentored bugs"? I seriously don't know how to get started.

Henrique Lobo Weissmann (Kico)
(55) 31 9226-0459
http://devkico.itexto.com.br
http://www.twitter.com/loboweissmann

Graeme Rocher

Jan 12, 2016, 8:59:59 AM1/12/16
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
So there are many open issues, as expressed previously there is a guide to contributing on the website. In terms of issues just check out https://github.com/grails/grails-core/issues and feel free to jump on one that grabs your attention

Cheers