is there a better grails forum that this?

nutmix

Jan 7, 2020, 3:47:27 AM1/7/20
to Grails Dev Discuss
Hi, we love grails, but this forum has to serious issues:
  1. it uses google groups, which is essentially a mailing list.  I don't want to subscribe to a mailing list to make a post.  This was acceptable in the early 90's, but this is 2020!
  2. There are very few posts.

Is there a more active forum using a proper forum server, other than stackoverflow?

Mihai Glonț

Jan 7, 2020, 8:09:01 AM1/7/20
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com, nutmix

Hey,

The Slack space[1] is lively. If you wish to post one-off questions, then SO is your best best IMHO.

Cheers,

Mihai.

[1] https://grails-slack.cfapps.io/

Jeff Scott Brown

Jan 7, 2020, 10:46:25 AM1/7/20
to Grails Dev Discuss
On 7 Jan 2020, at 2:47, nutmix wrote:

> Hi, we love grails, but this forum has to serious issues:
>
> 1. it uses google groups, which is essentially a mailing list. I
> don't
> want to subscribe to a mailing list to make a post. This was
> acceptable in
> the early 90's, but this is 2020!

I am sorry that you don’t think the mailing list is acceptable. It
isn’t widely used any longer but I think we should leave it here for
now.

> 2. There are very few posts.

That is correct. Several years ago we moved a lot of our primary
support traffic to StackOverflow. I encourage folks to use
StackOverflow for technical questions that have a specific answer and
aren’t likely to require much conversation. For items that are more
likely to require conversation and/or don’t have a specific technical
answer, I encourage folks to use our Slack channel or this mailing list.
Slack is much more active than the mailing list

> Is there a more active forum using a proper forum server, other than
> stackoverflow?

StackOverflow and our Slack channel are where 95% of the traffic exists.
I encourage to you use either or both of those.

Best of luck!

JSB
--
Jeff Scott Brown
Partner and Practice Lead, Grails and Micronaut

Disruptive solutions for a connected world.™
http://objectcomputing.com

Autism Strikes 1 in 166
Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
http://www.autismspeaks.org/