platform-core plugin deprecated?

Mirko Weber

Dec 17, 2014, 5:06:54 PM12/17/14
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I read on the grails-events page, that this plugin claims to be a successor of the Event Api of the platform-core plugin.

So my questions are:
  • Is the platform-core plugin deprecated as whole?
  • Are there problemes to use platform-core and grails-event plugin at the same project?
  • Are there recommended equivalent successors of the other parts, esspecialy the navigation and the configuration api?
Thanks,
Mirko

Graeme Rocher

Dec 18, 2014, 2:57:38 AM12/18/14
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
The plugin is at 1.0.0 and isn't deprecated you can continue to use it
but no further development is planned other than routine maintenance
from community pull requests

Graeme Rocher
Grails Project Lead
Pivotal

Paul Waldo

Oct 27, 2015, 3:07:32 PM10/27/15
to Grails Dev Discuss
Hi Mirko,

I also need platform-core for a project I'm upgrading to grails 3.  I'm debating how to handle this, as I need only the Navigation stuff.  I'm thinking I might just pull Navigation out into its own plugin, rather than trying to port the whole thing.  Trying to get my head wrapped around all of platform-core will ensure that it is done sometime in the 4.x version of Grails ;-)

If just navigation will suffice, I'd be happy to collaborate with you.  Have you found any other replacements that are working now?

Paul

Mirko Weber

Oct 28, 2015, 3:49:11 AM10/28/15
to Grails Dev Discuss
Hello Paul,

at the moment I not activ mirgrate my projects to grails3 and do not have a new project that give me time to develop the plugin. But the navigation part is one of the parts I use often and a big stoper to migrate my project on the fly to grails3.

Kind regards,
Mirko

Paul Waldo

Jan 27, 2016, 5:26:56 PM1/27/16
to Grails Dev Discuss

Hi Mirko,

It's been a while since this thread, but I wanted to let you know I have a first cut of the platform-core plugin for grails 3.  It's a straight port, but as far as I can tell, everything is working OK.  I use only the navigation stuff, so that is where I have been concentrating.  If you would like to give it a go, I would appreciate your feedback.  To use it on your grails 3 project, do the following:

I hope this works for you!

Paul