Grails plugin for IDEA Community Edition

Krzysztof Białek

Sep 23, 2017, 4:18:30 AM9/23/17
to Grails Dev Discuss
Hi,

Here I'd like to share with you the plugin I've created when I was working on some Grails application.
We were using IDEA CE in our team because of its awesome Groovy support.
However, lack of Grails features support was making our work less efficient.
To fill this gap I've implemented this plugin. It covers only a subset of Grails features, as I've described on the Github page.
I do not plan to develop it further, but I hope someone will find it useful or even fork it.

https://github.com/kbialek/idea-grails-plugin

Regards,
Krzysztof Białek

Eric Helgeson

Sep 23, 2017, 3:40:42 PM9/23/17
to Grails Dev Discuss
Thanks for sharing Krzysztof! Looks like a nice bunch of enhancements while using IDEA CE & Grails.

Could you provide a quick getting started to building this plugin? I've not done IDEA plugin development before but noticed a few things that could be added here.

Thanks again,
-Eric

-Eric Helgeson

Krzysztof Białek

Sep 23, 2017, 5:05:10 PM9/23/17
to Grails Dev Discuss
I've uploaded plugin jar file to github.
I will write down build instructions soon.

Regards,
Krzysztof