GORM with REST API

Hyun Jeong

Nov 9, 2015, 8:02:26 PM11/9/15
to Grails Dev Discuss
Hello,
Based on discussions in this group and StackOverflow, the GORM REST client plugin seems to have been abandoned. I do see some recent activity on the rest-client project in grails-data-mapping and was wondering if there are any plans to make it grails 3 compatible? I'd like to contribute and would appreciate any guidance.
Thanks!
Hyun

Jeff Scott Brown

Nov 9, 2015, 11:54:58 PM11/9/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Would the plugin do anything aside from add a dependency on the library?

JSB

Jeff Scott Brown
Principal Software Engineer
Grails Development Team
Object Computing Inc.
http://www.ociweb.com/

Autism Strikes 1 in 166
Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
http://www.autismspeaks.org/

Hyun Jeong

Nov 10, 2015, 12:06:24 PM11/10/15
to Grails Dev Discuss
For the "plugin" part, the work seems to require updating GormRestClientGrailsPlugin.  Not sure what the state is for the "grails-datastore-gorm-rest-client" project, but seems to require a spring initializer and maybe some other changes.  I was hoping to get some guidance on making those changes and eventually submitting a pull request.

Graeme Rocher

Nov 19, 2015, 7:49:38 AM11/19/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
I plan to pick up the work on GORM REST Client again soon to make a 3.x compatible version

Thanks

Bobby Warner

Nov 25, 2015, 11:28:43 AM11/25/15
to Grails Dev Discuss
Hi Hyun,

Just add this to your build.gradle file.

    compile('org.grails:grails-datastore-rest-client:4.0.7.RELEASE') {
        exclude group: 'javax.servlet', module: 'javax.servlet-api'
        exclude group: 'commons-codec', module: 'commons-codec'
        exclude group: 'org.grails', module: 'grails-plugin-converters'
        exclude group: 'org.grails', module: 'grails-core'
        exclude group: 'org.grails', module: 'grails-web'
    }

That's all the plugin (currently) does anyway.

Hope that helps!
Bobby

On Monday, November 9, 2015 at 8:54:58 PM UTC-8, Jeff Scott Brown wrote:

> On Nov 10, 2015, at 2:02 AM, Hyun Jeong <hje...@tacitknowledge.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> Based on discussions in this group and StackOverflow, the GORM REST client plugin seems to have been abandoned. I do see some recent activity on the rest-client project in grails-data-mapping and was wondering if there are any plans to make it grails 3 compatible? I'd like to contribute and would appreciate any guidance.
> Thanks!
> Hyun

Would the plugin do anything aside from add a dependency on the library?

JSB

Jeff Scott Brown
Principal Software Engineer
Grails Development Team
Object Computing Inc.
http://www.ociweb.com/

Autism Strikes 1 in 166
Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
http://www.autismspeaks.org/

Hyun Jeong

Nov 26, 2015, 12:56:18 AM11/26/15
to Grails Dev Discuss
Thanks Bobby.  The plugin also calls the GORM enhancer on the domain classes.  I ended up creating my own plugin that includes "grails-datastore-rest-client" as a dependency like you mentioned and also wires the GORM API.